Are You Living With Sleep Apnea?
Do you wake up feeling unrested each day? Have you been told you snore? You may be suffering from a serious medical condition known as Obstructive Sleep Apnea. This common sleep disorder causes you to stop breathing multiple times throughout the night, often for up to 10 seconds or longer, depriving your body and brain of much needed oxygen. Alarmingly, many people are living with sleep apnea, completely unaware. Even a single sign or symptom of this dangerous sleep disturbance warrants prompt evaluation by a qualified professional, such as Dr. Thomas Layton of Layton Dentistry.Contact Us About a Free Consultation
Contact Us About a Free Consultation
The people here are extremely nice. I have never had service like I have here at Layton. They’ve changed my life, I feel human again.
Sleep Apnea Facts and Statistics
Knowing the Symptoms of Sleep Apnea Could Save Your Life
Sleep apnea ranges from mild to severe, and is commonly exhibited by signs and symptoms that include:
- Loud snoring, chortling or choking
- Gasping for breath upon abrupt awakening
- Repetitive breathing cessation throughout sleep
- Waking frequently throughout the night
- Grogginess, or feeling unrested upon waking
- Frequent morning headaches
- Trouble staying awake throughout the day
- Anxiety, depression or irritability
- Difficulty concentrating or maintaining mental clarity
Avoid Troubling Health Risks With Proper Diagnosis and Care
To diagnose sleep apnea, Dr. Layton has a sleep study he sends home with patients to diagnosis the severity of their sleep apnea. We offer mandibular reposition devices for patients with mild to moderate sleep apnea, and also for severe sleep apnea patients that can not tolerate the CPAP device.
Treating sleep apnea reduces your risk for associated illnesses, such as:
- Heart Disease
- High Blood Pressure
- Liver problems
- Accidents due to sleep deprivation